Stowe Village: 802.253.1806
MLS #: 4181238 Price: $350,000
2 Bedrooms, 3 Baths, 0.00 Acres
More Stowe, VT Properties
House Hunting Tips
Tips to make your house hunting more rewarding ….
1. Most people have heard the old real estate adage ‘Location, Location, Location’ but the point is worth repeating. Location is crucial. Keep in mind factors such as commuting to work, schools & public transportation. Even if you find what you think is your dream home it can end up being a mistake if the location is undesirable. Especially take into account the issue of location if you plan on reselling the house within a certain period of time.
2. You can save yourself and your family a lot of time by having a list that outlines features you must have as well as features you definitely do not want. Ultimately you want to find the home that is right for the needs of you and your family rather then falling in love with a home that doesn’t meet your needs. Start with what you like or dislike about your current home.
3. Although a REALTOR® will be able to show you market trends and recent home sale prices this information is available to anybody with an internet connection and it never hurts to do a little research of your own before meeting with your REALTOR®
4. In most cases you will not find the home of your dreams on your first tour of a neighborhood. You will most likely see many, many houses which can be a little confusing. Make notes on the properties and don't rely on your memory. Going back to Tip #2, turn your list of 'must haves' into a checklist for each home you see.
5. Finding your dream house can be tiring especially if you are trying to fit many homes into one day of touring. Make it comfortable for yourself.
6. Buying a home is a major life altering event but don’t make yourself crazy or overly stressed. Set aside some time after your house-hunting to unwind, calm your thoughts and keep the whole experience in perspective.