It’s ski season again, and while there are TONS of places you could go this year why not take your snow gear to Stowe,Vermont?! You might not realize it, but Stowe is the perfect place to zigzag down steep runs and get lost deep in the backcountry. Here are just 5 reasons to pack your skis, snowboard and snowshoes and take a trip!
1. Stowe’s Mount Mansfield. Home to some of the steepest slopes in the U.S. it’s as close to big-mountain skiing as you’ll get! 2,160 feet of vertical drop makes Stowe where you can find the most rugged runs the East. It’s one of the few places that you can find this kind of terrain. Stowe Mountain Resort includes a combination of 116 trials of which more than half are intermediate difficulty.
2. Five Star Resorts. There is a difference between a ski town and a resort community. Made up of two separate mountains (Mansfield and Spruce Peak) this area is one of the most posh places to stay for skiers and snowboarders in the world. You can soak your aching muscles and joints after a day on the mountain in one of the top-notch spas, or just kick back in one of the many ski resorts. Try the ultra-luxurious Stowe Mountain Lodge located at the base of Spruce Peak.
3. The Culture. It’s not just the slopes that make a great ski town. And Stowe has plenty to offer! You’ll feel right at home in this quaint little town and enjoy a variety of 4-star restaurants along with a range of boutiques that make Stowe postcard perfect.
4. The Best Accommodations. Arrive at Stowe and you’ll be greeted with what really matters: high-speed gondolas, quads, slope side Stowe Mountain Lodge, and a 6-story 12-room luxury ski hotel. And that’s just the beginning! Don’t forget to wander downtown where you can see Main Street, adorned with classic church steeples and taverns lit with the flickering light of burning candles. That’s right, it’s everybody’s favorite ski town!
5. Average Snowfall. If you love the smooth ride you can only get on top of feet of fresh snowfall then Stowe will NOT disappoint you. Average base depths of more than 30 inches, and a few feet of pillowy powder to top things off.
If you’d like to become the proud owner of a beautiful home in the “Northeast Kingdom”, or any of Vermont’s other beautiful destinations, contact us at PallSpera today. We’d be delighted to help you find the home of your dreams, the home you deserve. Our specialty lies in finding properties that match every buyer’s unique needs and preferences, ensuring that every sale is a perfect match. With over 25 agents on board, our team is ready to begin your quest for the ideal abode.